Email address in the GovTalkMessage envelope

Hi @snicholas,

We had been sending our own email address through in the <EmailAddress> element in the <GovTalkMessage> envelope - but we were starting to get polling reminders for documents that we didn’t submit. I’ve gathered that this is because the polling reminder service sends the email to the last known email address for the presenter. So ideally, we should actually be putting the presenter’s email address in there, not ours.

We’re not 100% confident in determining the correct email address to send through for the presenter at the moment and reading the tech spec it says that it’s only recommended that the email address is sent through. It doesn’t look to be required in the XML schema either.

So could I just confirm that it won’t cause any problems if we don’t send the <EmailAddress> element?

Thanks

David

Hello David,

Apologies for the late response.

Can I ask if you have now tried to submit without the EmailAddress element please?

Thanks
SDN

Hi Simon,

I’ve tried in the test environment and it didn’t get rejected. I haven’t tried in the live environment yet though.

David

Hi @snicholas

Any update on this? As I said it hasn’t caused any issue in the test environment, so we just wanted to get confirmation that it won’t cause any problems if we don’t send the <EmailAddress> element in the live environment before we do actually remove it.

Thanks

David

I will need to get ultimate confirmation on this from a colleague - I will come back to you as soon as I can.

SDN

Sorry for the delay in responding - we have run a quick internal test, and encountered no failure where it wasn’t included.

SDN

That’s great - thanks very much for confirming.

David