PSC Exemptions and submitting PSC information outside the Confirmation Statement

Hi,

With regards to the PSC Exemption flags on the Confirmation Statement, now that it will no longer be possible to submit PSC information on the Confirmation Statement how will Companies House expect users to submit their PSC information when they had previously been PSC exempt but are no longer PSC Exempt? Will the user first submit the Confirmation Statement to state that they are no longer PSC exempt and then follow with a PSC01/PSC02/PSC03 form in a separate submission?

Will Companies House reject any PSC forms submitted for a company that currently reports as being PSC Exempt?

Will Companies House supply any PSC information on the CompanyData download for the Confirmation Statement where the company currently reports as being PSC Exempt? This Thread suggests that where the CompanyData download has one of the PSCExempt checks as True then no PSC statements or PSC data will be included as part of the download.

Kind Regards,
Paddy.

Hi,

has there been any update to this query?

Kind Regards,
Paddy

Apologies for the delay in responding Paddy,

I will need to get these issues clarified for you.

SDN

Hi Paddy,

If a company that was previously exempt from PSC requirements comes into scope post AML, they will first need to tell us on a CS01. They will then need to file their PSC information on forms PSC01 – PSC09.

I can confirm that there will be a validation / rule in place to prevent acceptance of PSC update forms if a PSC exemption is in place for a company.

I hope this clarifies.

SDN

Thanks Simon,

Do we know what the text of the error message is that is returned in this scenario?

Also I’m assuming that a PSC Exempt company will not have any PSC information returned in the Company Data download from Companies House on the Confirmation Statement?

Kind Regards,
Paddy.