Request times out but succeeds

Hi,
We occasionally get timeouts when talking to the api but I have noticed that sometimes the subsequent retries end up getting a duplicate submission response.
The api call has a timeout of 15 seconds, should this be longer?

Thanks

Which API are you referring to please Arthur?

Thanks
SDN

This was on the OfficerChangeDetails service but we get occasional timeouts across the range of endpoints.

When it does occur immediately retrying doesn’t usually work, you have to give it a few hours.

XML Output then.

We are not aware of any relevant system problems today, or in the recent past.

It may therefore be worth you upping your time out limit and see if it improves.

I hope this is useful.
SDN

Is there an upper limit for the length of time a request might spend in your system before returning a response?

That`s not an easy thing to answer unfortunately - in theory it should always be fairly immediate. However, there are times (and for good reasons) that a new submission can take its time working through our various internal processes and systems.

I am sorry that I cannot offer a more definate answer on this occasion.

SDN

Hi,
Sadly this issue has reared its head again for us.
We had a SH01 request timeout after 30 seconds, this request was then resent but it turned out the first attempt wasn’t a failure so two SH01s have been filed instead of one.
Is there a way to recall or void this second submission that doesn’t require court orders and solvency statements?

I will be increasing the timeout period again!

Thanks

Hi, Please can you send the details of the filing to xml@companieshouse.gov.uk and I will be able to have a look and advise of the best course of action for the duplicate SH01 filing.

Thanks

Thank you, message sent.