Unable to withdraw a statement and apply a PSC within the same confirmation statement

Hi,

Here is the scenario:

Company A:

• 01/07/2016 Submitted CS01 with the statement ‘The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity’
  • 01/04/2017 Submitted CS01 withdrawing statement ‘The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity’ and adding a new PSC - both submissions where successful and entered on the register without any issues

Company B:

• 01/08/2016 Submitted CS01 with the statement ‘The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity’
  • 01/05/2017 Submitted a CS01 withdrawing statement ‘The company knows or has reasonable cause to believe that there is no registrable person or registrable relevant legal entity’ and adding a new PSC - the latest submission was rejected with the error: ‘Our records show the company has stated it has no PSCs. You must withdraw this statement before you can select any other statement or notify us of any PSCs.’

My question is, why would it not allow the CS01 in the case of Company B?

Whilst I appreciate going forward, PSCs will not be notified this way in the future, the client would like the know why they couldn’t file company b’s statement the same way.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I will endeavour to obtain an answer on this for you.

It would be very useful if you could supply a relevant company number - if you wish to keep this private, please send the detail to snicholas@companieshouse.gov.uk

SDN

Thank you for supplying the relevant company numbers as requested Matt.

We have now investigated and can advise that both submissions were, as you suspected, acceptable.

As such, this was an examiner error at our end, and I would be grateful if you could accept our apologies accordingly.

SDN

Thanks Simon

I will pass on your apologies.

Cheers,
Matt